Saturday, January 2, 2016

So uh...2016!

I haven't really been posting on this blog. I kind of forgot about it, but now I want to use this as a way of documenting my day to day life or maybe even week to week to start out. Almost like a diary. I type way faster than I write and for some reason I don't like having a physical written diary, but I'm completely fine with a digital one on the internet. Strange, isn't it?

Anyway, this post is going to be about my 2016 resolutions for my personal life. I've made two different lists and one is for my book blog: Words Off the Page, but this one is about my personal life. Since they're kind of two entities, I'd rather have two than squish them into one.



10 Things to Accomplish in 2016:

1. Clean my room. Completely.

I've been really bad about keeping my room clean. Since...well, since 2010. I've gotten pretty damn close to having a clean room a handful of times, but I haven't been able to get to what I had New Years Day of 2010. My room is littered with clothes, books, trash, etc. etc. This year I want to clean it. Make it sparkling. Make it look like I'm an adult, damn it. 

2. Start my two online stores. My fashion and bookish store.

As I've mentioned before, I have a book blog. I want to open a store where I make bookish accessories and such. I'm starting out with a simple idea and hopefully I'm able to expand. I also want to open my own fashion store for Asian street fashion. I've gotten some stuff underway with that already, it's just been a matter of getting it really started. I'm not in the middle of a show this upcoming semester so I plan to charge at this full speed ahead!

3. Become more money conscious. Go seriously for personal finance and credit.

I've been thinking about this for a while. I've only been at my part-time job for a year and from the beginning of that year to the end, I've really gone downhill in my personal finance. I used to be really careful about how I spent my money the first few months at my job. I saved up $500 for AX and I was really proud of myself. Now I'm spending money left and right and I'm drowning in this impulsive spending. I've decided to buck up and stop doing that. I want to really go for personal finance and budgeting and sign up for a credit card so I can hardcore monitor what I'm spending.

4. Get to my goal weight of 120lb!

Just like with money, I've been really lax on my health and fitness life. I've been wanting to lose weight for a while now, but now I'm really serious about it. I want to start Zombies, Run! again. I progressed so well in the four days I actually put my heart to it, I noticed how much more I was running. I didn't think I was able to go past a sprint, but I started to be able to run longer and I want to get back to that. I also just want to feel comfortable in my body again.

5. Eat Healthier.

Cut the shit. Cut down the junk food, the pizza, the fast food. Make my meals at home and drink only water and tea if possible. I've gained my freshman 15 in my sophomore year. How depressing. I feel sluggish and I hate how fast food sits in my system. I want to start eating clean and eating foods that are good for me and not grossly processed. I want to make my own meals so I can monitor what I'm putting in my body. 

6. Better time management.

I have this habit on putting heavy workloads because I hate the feeling of not doing anything productive. Which is incredibly ironic considering how much I actually have to do and how lazy I actually am. I'm trying to kick that laziness in the ass and out of my life. I want to use my time efficiently and well spent. I like going to bed feeling almost exhausted, but proud of what I've completed that day.

7. Finish my GEs and transfer.

This isn't going to happen by the end of this year, maybe, but I'm pretty dead set on it. I want to get my GE's out of the way and apply for USC. I want to go into this career strong. I almost feel like I've been wasting my time on classes I didn't need and I want to start finishing these GE's like there's no tomorrow.

8. Save up for a foreign trip.

My sister is graduating high school next year, and she really wants to go to South Korea for her trip. I would like to as well. We've never been to Korea because my parents wanted us to remember the trip instead of seeing it through pictures. Hopefully this can happen, but I personally want to save up money for a foreign trip as well. I want to be able to go to Japan or Europe within the next two years. I've been dying to see the world outside of my own. I want to make it happen.

9. Self Reflection.

I've done a lot of growing this past year. I've been able to look head on at my immaturities and what make me still a teenager even though I'm 20. I want to keep doing this constantly this year. How can I improve as a person? How can I look at my mistakes and prevent them from happening again?

10. Finish the cosplays I set out to do!

This falls into the category of time management. I've put down so many cosplays, but I haven't even started on any of them. I think this ALA will be a recycle, no new cosplays year. Which is disappointing, but I have a friend along with my this time and I wouldn't want her to feel out of place.

That's my list of things to do this year and I really want to make them happen. I really want to take my life in my hands and I really want to make these years matter. I don't want to look back with regret or shoulda coulda woulda's. I want to be able to look back and see that I've accomplished a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment