Tuesday, January 19, 2016

1.19.2016

I am tired as shit.

Not in a "fuck this shit. I'm tired of it" but in a "I just started school after a month of not doing anything and I'm fucking exhausted" kind of way. I know this always happens when I start school, but I dread it. Ugh. This semester is going to be intense for sure. I'm pretty nervous about it after the almost trainwreck last semester was, but I'm excited too. I get to learn two languages, take two history classes, and direct for the first time (seriously this time, none of this theatre in high school bullshit). It's going to be a crazy fucking semester, but I'm ready.

What I'm not ready for? Into the Woods auditions. Damn. I was kind of set on not auditioning, but the SM wants me to audition so I guess I'll take a stab at it. I'm not really expecting to get cast since I'm aware that there are people that are more talented than I am. If I get cast in that show, knowing that I didn't get cast in Rumors, I'll be pretty fucking happy though, I'll admit. I was really bummed about not being in Rumors, but whatever. I haven't practiced my audition song since I got it last semester, though. I'm in no way prepared for this. Sigh.

Anyway, the bath bomb experiments are interesting to say the least. I thought adding spice smells to sweet smells was a good idea.

No.

It's not a good idea. Never do it.

It was really disgusting, honestly. Every time I smell it, I get this bad feeling in the back of my throat. It kind of makes me gag a little. But I already went through with it and now it's in a bath bomb so I guess I'll mostly observe it to see if this recipe works out better than the last one. I didn't have any citric acid at the time so I used cream of tartar because I heard it could be substituted. Substituted is like a really nice way of putting it. The fucking thing sunk to the bottom of the bath tub and took a hundred years to dissolve. Not even joking.

However, one good thing came out of the experiments. I went through with my question thinking if tea would help add fragrance to the bath bombs and I was pleasantly surprised. I mean I kind of expected it to work and while the smell isn't as strong as I want it to be, it worked. It worked and it smells great. The only problem is I don't know if Disney makes that tea anymore, but it'll be alright. It was just an experiment. I guess I'll have to change the water to tea ratio. Make the tea really steeped to make the scent a lot stronger. I'll try to see if leaving it to cool in fridge for a day work. I didn't really wait for it to cool down and I've come to the conclusion that tea gets a thousand times stronger when it's ice cold.

Since I got the citric acid and the essential oils today, I was pretty excited. The fruity essential oils are really nice, but they have one called cinnamon leaf (which I added to the first one I talked about. GROSS) and I'm not a huge fan of it. I actually really hate the smell of cinnamon and that's like the smell of cinnamon times five hundred. It's so eugh. I'm gonna have fun mixing fruity oils to the other ones though. I'm gonna make an effort to get more floral oils, but I'll have to start saving up for those. This is a fun little adventure and I can't wait to launch it.

But again, I'm tired as shit. So I'm going to read a little bit for the book blog, maybe read for directing, and then go the fuck to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment