Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Banggood Review: Sticky notes...and MORE Sticky Notes

So I decided to start doing reviews on things that I buy for sites I'm not super aware of.



Banggood is a site that I came across on Tumblr a while ago, but never really bothered to look at it. I went through it and while it's very much like Aliexpress with kind of a cleaner design (I think, at least). A lot of the site revolves around electronics and kind of odd things here and there, but overall it's an interesting site.

After some looking around, I found some sticky notes that I thought I would like to purchase. It's not just the ones up in that top picture, but also these:



I bought the Bandage stickies, a block of square stickies, and just three animal sticky tabs. The one thing I didn't really enjoy about the sticky notes with the little animals is that you weren't able to pick one. They were randomly chosen for you and sent to you. This is kind of a lot that I see in Aliexpress and Taobao. Unless you buy the entire lot, you'll get just a random design and not be able to choose it. Which is all right for the most part, but I bought three and didn't the one design that I wanted. It was the cute little blue one that's on the page ;-;. Oh well. They're still really cute.



Here's the package. It's a pretty small package, which makes sense, and the shipping only took about a week. I've had really good experiences with EMS or Airmail that actually comes with a tracking number. I hate not being able to track my packages, it makes me really nervous that I won't be getting them in the mail OTL.


I took the stickies out of their packaging and took some test runs. Actually, the bandage ones don't stick too well to surfaces that aren't paper, but the other stickies didn't seem to have a problem. I use them mostly for notebooks and scripts anyway, so what does it matter right?




 From what I find, they work pretty good. They stick.

Final Thoughts (out of 5):

Shipping:
 
The shipping was pretty standard, but I'm giving it a four because there was actually supposed to be another set of sticky notes, but they shipped it through their US Warehouse without a tracking number (which is almost my worst nightmare) and it has yet to arrive. If it's from a US warehouse it shouldn't take more than a week (from what I've experienced), so I'm wondering if I'll ever get it at all. 

Packaging:
The stickies were kind of just put in the bag without any kind of bubble wrap or anything. I mean, it's sticky notes, but they could be all bent out of shape and that would be a bit irritating.

Quality:
They're pretty good quality, I'm not gonna lie. I'm definitely happier paying $0.99 for the bandage sticky notes instead of the normal $4-6 that I see it go for retail. For the price, it's definitely a bang for your buck

Design:
Though I'm upset that the one I wanted didn't get put in the bag, the bunny and the bear ones are still really cute. Not big on the mouse one though. 

Communication:
The communication was generally a good experience. They have a live chat feature that works pretty well (you're not sitting in front of your computer staring at the same screen for 20 minutes). 

Overall:
Overall, this isn't a bad experience. It was kind of lukewarm, if anything. Nothing terribly wrong from what I expected, but also this didn't exceed my expectations. I would recommend going to the store for some cheap things, but also remember that it's made in China so don't expect amazing quality. I would also advise you to choose "US Expedited Shipping" if you're buying from the US Warehouse. If you choose first class, they won't send you a tracking number unless the order is over $25. 

No comments:

Post a Comment